Thinking of Mom (my first Prima Doll card)

 My mom got her birthday card today finally, so I thought I'd share it with you all quickly!  It's a pretty simple card, which features one of the small Prima dolls stamps- I love these cuties, but this is the only one I own so far.  I stamped her in brown on a kraft tag just to try her out, then decided to go with it.  I used some tiny floral patterned paper by Crate Paper (love 6x6 pads for stuff like this!) for her dress and painted her skin using some white gesso mixed with water and a bit of ink from a Distress Marker to get a (very pale LOL) skin tone.  The gesso is great for this as it is so opaque, and it allows you to add other mediums for color.  As you can see, I added a bit of color to the flowers the same way- just added Distress Marker on top of the gesso.  Her hair is colored with Distress Markers and a bit of Spica Glitter pen.  The rest of the card is pretty simple- a button and prima scissor clip embellishment and Crinkle ribbon to match.  The sentiment is an oldie from Hero Arts.
I'm hoping to be back tomorrow to share something masculine in honor of Father's Day!  Wish me luck... we got a new kitten last week and while she is simply adorable, she doesn't allow me to get much done unless she is sleeping :)

Just cuz I can... here's a couple kitten pics!  One of her 'helping' and one sleeping (when she really is helping!)

If you want more kitten pics (LOL) and sneak peeks of blog posts, plus some other randomness... follow me on instagram!

Comments

Lynn K said…
Love the card for your Mom! I'm so hooked on the doll stamps! Your new addition(helper) is soooo cute!